Side A: Organization of the congregation began in 1848 under the Rev. George Van Eman, and a charter was granted in 1854. The oldest Presbyterian church building in continuous use in Hancock County, the sanctuary was constructed in 1855-56. Members of the congregation included first Congressional Medal of Honor recipients John R. Porter and William Bennsinger, honored for their exploits as members of Andrews Raiders during the Civil War.
Side B: Built 1855-56. Captain Issac Cusac, Civil War hero, was a member of the congregation and married the daughter of Rev. Van Eman, first minister of the congregation. Also, in this building, one of the first Boy Scout Troops in America was organized by Rev. Alexander in 1910.