Side A: This circa 1840s log house, which now serves as a museum and home to the East Palestine Historical Society, was originally located at the corner of West Main and Walnut Streets. Some of its most notable and earliest residents were Dr. Robert Chamberlin (1798-1876), the town’s first resident physician, and his wife Rebecca (1810-1895). Chamberlin practiced medicine for 30 years, serving the town as a township trustee in 1834, the first postmaster in 1836, and township clerk in 1839. (Continued on other side)
Side B: (Continued from other side) Chamberlain was also a surveyor for the county as well as for the Ohio and Pennsylvania Railroad, helping to lay out the line from the Ohio River to Salem. The last residents of the home, John and Mary Bozick, lived there from 1927 to 1978, 51 years. In 1978, the Bozick family donated the house to the local historical society. The structure was moved to 555 Bacon Avenue, on city park property, and opened to the public as the town’s first museum.