Side A: Built with the support of the Mount Union Alumni Athletic Association, the stadium played host to its first football game on November 1, 1913 when Mount Union defeated Case 7-0. It was formally dedicated during the graduation ceremony of 1914. In 1915, grandstand seating was erected and, in 1928, bleachers were added to increase the seating capacity to 5,000. The first night collegiate football game in Ohio was played here on October 3, 1930 as Mount Union beat Kent State 18-6. Mount Union athletes have competed in football, track, soccer, and lacrosse in the stadium and it has been the home playing field for the Alliance Aviators football team. Originally known as Hartshorn Stadium to honor Mount Union’s founder, Orville Nelson Hartshorn, it was renamed Mount Union Stadium in 1984.