Side A: This frame church, architecturally typical of the rural churches built throughout Ohio in the latter nineteenth century, was constructed in 1885 during the pastorate of E.L.T. Engers. The first pastors were from the German Reformed tradition and served a German-speaking congregation. The church contains native oak hand-hewn beams, rafters, and floor joists. The stained-glass windows were added in 1902.
Sponsors: Historic Preservation Guild of Hancock County, St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, and The Ohio Historical Society