Side A: In 1907, the Goshen School Building, later known as both Goshen Intermediate School and Sheila Green Elementary, was erected. The two-story, buff-colored, pressed-brick building was the first attempt at school consolidation in Goshen Township. The last of twelve one-room schools was closed in 1916 and students transferred to the Goshen School Building. As a result of the consolidation, four rooms were added. In 1930, a free-standing auditorium/gymnasium was built next to the 1907 building. Approval of the first bond issue, in 1937, made possible twelve new classrooms and the renovation of the building. (Continued on other side)
Side B: (Continued from other side) To alleviate overcrowding, Marr Primary School was built in 1954. A new high school, which later became the middle school, opened in 1960. Cook Elementary School opened in 1968. A new junior high school, which later became Spaulding Elementary School, opened in 1976. In spring 2002, students attended classes in the Goshen School Building for the last time. The opening of a new high school in fall 2002 continued the Goshen Township community’s support for the education of young people. The Goshen School Building was dismantled in fall 2013.