Side A: This is Marion County’s fourth courthouse and the second at this site. The cornerstone was laid on July 4, 1884. Costing $115, 00, it was completed in 1885 by contractors Leffler and Bland. In 1973 the courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1975 the interior was remodeled at a cost of over $900,000.
Sponsors: Marker erected in 1984 by The Marion County Commissioners, The Marion County Historical Society, and The Ohio Historical Society