Side A: On this site in 1829 the Presbyterians of Blendon Township built their first church. The land was donated by Timothy Lee for “church and burial” purposes. The Reverend Ebenezer Washburn, buried here, was the first minister. The church was destroyed one week after its dedication by an apparent act of arson.
Sponsors: Blendon Township Trustees, Blendon Bicentennial Commission, The Ohio Historical Society, marker contributed by the William Goldsmith Family