Below is a complete listing of all Ohio Historical Markers. To find a detailed marker listing including text, photographs, and locations, click on a county below. Our listing is updated by the markers program as new markers are installed and older markers are reported damaged or missing.
Side A: The North Olmsted Historical Society was founded in 1953 and became incorporated as a non-profit association in 1961. A year later, Frostville Museum opened in the Prechtel House. The society took on the challenge of preserving the history of the entire original township and became the Olmsted Historical Society in 1969. The Frostville Museum has grown from one house to a small village. Volunteers are dedicated to preserving the past and the present for the future. In August 2010, First Lady Michelle Obama designated the society as a Preserve America Steward. Frostville is an affiliate of the Cleveland Metroparks.
Side B: From 1829 to 1843, the northern region of Olmsted Township was called Frostville. It was named by Elias C. Frost, who operated a post office in his farmhouse located at what became the intersection of Kennedy Ridge and Columbia Roads in North Olmsted. Elias came to the Western Reserve in 1807. He married Phoebe McIlrath of Waterbury, Connecticut in 1809. Elias was a clerk for the Olmsted Universalist Church, a township trustee, and a militia captain. Like other Universalists, the Frosts hated slavery. Their grandsons, Francis, Charles, and William Frost fought for the Union in the Civil War. Charles died in the conflict.