Side A: One of Ohio’s larger courthouses, this structure, completed in 1915 at a cost of $275,000, is the third courthouse to be built in this vicinity. The building, designed by the architectural firm, Richards, McCarty, and Bulford, is an excellent example of Neoclassical Revival architecture. The courthouse interior is notable for its outstanding leaded stained glass skylight, brass chandeliers, and murals. The twelve large exterior light standards are made of solid brass. The exterior walls and terrace railings are made of Indiana Gray Limestone, while the steps and surrounding curbs consist of granite.