Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Greene County / 30-29 Ballard Road Covered Bridge [4]

Title, side A
Ballard Road Covered Bridge
Title, side B
Ballard Road Covered Bridge
Text, side A
In 1883, James E. Brown built this seven-panel Howe truss bridge over the North Branch of Caesar Creek, near the site of Lyman Ballard’s grist mill and on the property of William C. Dean. At the time it was built, iron, concrete, and steel structures began to surpass the construction of wooden covered bridges. The construction of U.S. Route 35 severed the bridge from its original connection to the Dean property. In 1975, the bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places. As of 2016, the Ballard Road bridge is one of six covered bridges in Greene County.
Text, side B
Same as Side A
199 North Ballard Road
Xenia, OH 45385
Latitude: 39.6784743, Longitude: -83.8150417.
Google map: