Side A: Stephan Lumber Company. In 1888, John Shealy bought a lumber yard from the Stoll Brothers. Ten year later, his son, Charles F. Shealy and partner Edwin F. Stephan formed the Shealy Lumber Company. The business had a â€œwell equipped sash and door factory and an extensive lumber yardâ€ and many area homes contained components made by company craftsmen. The Shealy Lumber Company became the Stephan Lumber Company when Shealy sold his share of the partnership to Stephan in 1911. Side B: "The Shawshank Redemption" Woodshop. This brick structure, built around 1905, is all that remains of the Stephan Lumber Company following a fire in 1978. Woodshop scenes in the 1994 motion picture â€œThe Shawshank Redemptionâ€ were filmed in the building. Director Frank Darabont and Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman, other actors and local extras, and the production crew completed the filmâ€™s woodshop scenes in August 1993. The Wyandot County Courthouse is also featured in the film.