Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

Marker 121-25 setting

HardingHospital2.JPG Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5Marker 121-25 settingThumbnailsphoto 5

Side A: Harding Hospital Campus. The Harding Hospital, initially called the Columbus Rural Rest Home, was founded in 1916 by George T. Harding II, MD (1878-1934) and his associates, many of whom shared his commitment to service and his Seventh-day Adventist Christian faith. The psychiatic treatment center moved to Worthington in 1920. The hospital's goal was to provide treatment with attention to the person's physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. The program, with its emphasis on relational issues and psychotherapy, drew patients from across Ohio and beyond. In 1936 a residency program in psychiatry for physicians was started and educational programs for other mental health professionals followed. The campus' beauty contributed to its being a place of healing for many. Since 1999, Harding Hospital has been a part of The Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center. Side B: Harding Hospital Campus. Same as Side A