Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subject Upper Sandusky /

2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon

398_3090.jpg 2-88 Bill Moose CrowfootThumbnails2-88 Wyandot Indians2-88 Bill Moose CrowfootThumbnails2-88 Wyandot Indians2-88 Bill Moose CrowfootThumbnails2-88 Wyandot Indians2-88 Bill Moose CrowfootThumbnails2-88 Wyandot Indians

⇧ Go to Upper Sandusky Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Judge Samuel Hinckley 1757-1840
Title, side B
John Brongers 1843-1932
Address
1410 Ridge Road
Hinckley, 44233
Location
Located on the S side of the Hinckley Township Fire Department at the entrance of Brongers Park
Latitude
41.2376410
Longitude
-81.7452730

Picture Details

Title
Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon
Caption
Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon, last Wyandot Indian, ca. 1880. Her family lived on the Grand Reserve, the twelve-by-nineteen square mile reservation in what is now known as Wyandot County. She attended the first school on the reservation, established by missionary John Stewart. In July 1843 she, her first husband David Young and their children, were among the tribe members relocated to Kansas City, Kansas. She and her second husband, John Solomon, returned to live in Upper Sandusky, Ohio around 1865. Margaret's work in the Wyandot community earned her the nickname "Mother Solomon" (AL03678).