Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subject Upper Sandusky /

2-88 Bill Moose Crowfoot

398_3089.jpg 2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon

⇧ Go to Upper Sandusky Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Judge Samuel Hinckley 1757-1840
Title, side B
John Brongers 1843-1932
Address
1410 Ridge Road
Hinckley, 44233
Location
Located on the S side of the Hinckley Township Fire Department at the entrance of Brongers Park
Latitude
41.2376410
Longitude
-81.7452730

Picture Details

Title
Bill Moose Crowfoot
Caption
Portrait of Bill Moose Crowfoot in head dress and beaded tunic, 1930. He is regarded to have been the last of the Wyandot Indians who lived in Central Ohio. He was born in 1837 in northwest Ohio and moved to the Columbus area with his family when most of his tribe was displaced to Kansas and later to Oklahoma. He was known to have wandered the area around the Olentangy and Scioto rivers. He later lived in a small shack at the corner of Indianola and Morse Roads (AL03604).