Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
398_3089.jpg 2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon2-88 Departure of the Wyandot IndiansThumbnails2-88 Margaret Grey-Eyes "Mother" Solomon

⇧ Go to 2-88 Departure of the Wyandot Indians Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Departure of the Wyandot Indians
Title, side B
Same
Address
200 E. Church Street
Upper Sandusky, 43351
Location
200 East Church Street
Latitude
40.8356290
Longitude
-83.2783320

Picture Details

Title
Bill Moose Crowfoot
Caption
Portrait of Bill Moose Crowfoot in head dress and beaded tunic, 1930. He is regarded to have been the last of the Wyandot Indians who lived in Central Ohio. He was born in 1837 in northwest Ohio and moved to the Columbus area with his family when most of his tribe was displaced to Kansas and later to Oklahoma. He was known to have wandered the area around the Olentangy and Scioto rivers. He later lived in a small shack at the corner of Indianola and Morse Roads (AL03604).