Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

2-87 The Marker

78_10405.jpg Thumbnails2-87 The Marker on the front lawn of a house on Route 25, north of Bowling GreenThumbnails2-87 The Marker on the front lawn of a house on Route 25, north of Bowling GreenThumbnails2-87 The Marker on the front lawn of a house on Route 25, north of Bowling Green

Side A: First Seventh-Day Adventist Church. Elder Oliver Mears organized on February 8, 1862 in a tent on this spot, then a walnut grove owned by William Lovett, the Lovett's Grove Seventh-day Adventist Church, first of this denomination in Ohio. A Frame building erected in 1864 served the congregation until 1911 when it moved to its present location in Bowling Green. Side B: Same. Same