Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

5-80 Pottersburg Bridge Marker

106107_116779.jpg 5-80 Pottersburg Bridge Marker PhotoThumbnails5-80 Bridge 9-3-095-80 Pottersburg Bridge Marker PhotoThumbnails5-80 Bridge 9-3-095-80 Pottersburg Bridge Marker PhotoThumbnails5-80 Bridge 9-3-095-80 Pottersburg Bridge Marker PhotoThumbnails5-80 Bridge 9-3-095-80 Pottersburg Bridge Marker PhotoThumbnails5-80 Bridge 9-3-09

Side A: Pottersburg Bridge. The Pottersburg Bridge, sometimes called the Upper Darby Bridge, was designed and constructed by Reuben Partridge in 1868. Originally located on North Lewisburg Road spanning the Big Darby Creek, the bridge was moved to this North Lewisburg Trail location in 2006 and renovated by Union County Engineer Steve A. Stolte to preserve its 1930s appearance. Its windows with awnings are not original, having been added prior to the 1930s. The steel rods were likely added in 1949. Partridge was a prolific bridge builder, having built more than 100 bridges in Union and surrounding counties. Most of his bridges were built with wood and covered, but a few were constructed with iron. Side B: Same. Same