Side A: Company E, 30th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. Company E of the 30th Ohio Volunteer Infantry was the only full infantry company formed in Jerome Township. Capt. Elijah Warner organized the unit in the village of Jerome and it was mustered into the Union Army at Camp Chase in Columbus on August 29, 1861. A total of 102 men from the township fought in the regiment throughout the war, while approximately 25% of the total population of the Jerome Township served. Company E performed outstanding service, participating in the Antietam, Vicksburg, and Atlanta Campaigns, Sherman's March to the Sea and the March through the Carolinas, and the in the Grand Review in Washington, D.C. Of the 102 Jerome Township men in Company E, 32 perished during the war. The regiment was mustered out of service August 13, 1865. Side B: Jerome United Methodist Church. The Methodist church was organized in Jerome in 1835 and has served the village continuously since then. Henry Beach hosted the first Methodist meetings in his home. He had the village of Jerome, then known as Beachtown, platted in 1846. A log church was erected in 1842 near Pleasant Hill Cemetery. A second church was built in 1860 on Town Street. The current sanctuary was constructed in March 1891. Ashford Stover kept the fires burning in the church stoves for 41 nights to keep the new plaster from freezing. In 1898, the Jerome Presbyterian Church joined the Jerome Methodist Church at this location.