Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

2-78 First Prebyterian Chruch

133_105287.jpg 2-78 Front EntranceThumbnails2-78 Setting-January '092-78 Front EntranceThumbnails2-78 Setting-January '092-78 Front EntranceThumbnails2-78 Setting-January '092-78 Front EntranceThumbnails2-78 Setting-January '09

Side A: First Presbyterian Church. This congregation was founded in Warren November 19, 1803, by the Rev. Joseph Badger, who was serving as a missionary in the Western Reserve for the Connecticut Missionary Society of the Congregational Church. Rev. Badger was assisted at the first communion by the Rev. William Wick of Youngstown and the Rev. Samuel Tait of Mercer, Pa. The first church building on this site was constructed in 1832. The present building was dedicated in 1878. Side B: Same. Same