Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

9-77 Old Town Hall, Tallmadge

173_3961.jpg 9-77 Thumbnails9-77 Thumbnails

Side A: Old Town Hall and Academy. The Village of Tallmadge was founded in 1807. The first Academy building was erected in 1815. The first home of the Academy was located on the second floor of this Town Hall, which was erected in 1859. The Academy served students from northeast Ohio, who desired advanced courses not offered by local school systems, until 1876. Side B: Same. Same