Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subjects Congregational churches + Twinsburg /

First Congregational Church, Twinsburg

50_3958.jpg Thumbnails3-77 First Congregational Church, TwinsburgThumbnails3-77 First Congregational Church, TwinsburgThumbnails3-77 First Congregational Church, Twinsburg

⇧ Go to Twinsburg Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Procter & Gamble
Title, side B
Same
Address
438 Sycamore Street
Cincinnati, 45202
Location
P & G Plaza - On the NE side of the intersection of Sycamore St & E. 5th St
Latitude
39.1020790
Longitude
-84.5079770

Picture Details

Title
First Congregational Church, Twinsburg
Caption
The First Congregational Church was organized in August 23, 1822. Twinsburg pioneers, many from Killingworth, Connecticut, worshiped in various locations for 31 years until this church was built in 1848. Its design is attributed to master builder Simeon Porter. The spire is an 1857 replacement. The edifice is notable for being a Classic Revival translation of the standard meeting house of the preceding Federal period (AL06631).