Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Seneca County / 2-74 Fort Seneca /

2-74 Fort Seneca Plaque

225_4962.jpg 2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails

⇧ Go to 2-74 Fort Seneca Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Fort Seneca
Title, side B
Same
Address
Fort Seneca, 44829
Location
St. Rt. 53
Latitude
41.2093167
Longitude
-83.1674135
Subjects
Fort Seneca, Villages

Picture Details

Title
Fort Seneca Plaque
Caption
A plaque commemorating Fort Seneca. In the 1820s a general store and grist mill were established on this site, where the famous Scioto-Sandusky Indian trail neared the Sandusky River. The settlement was first known as McNutt's, later as Swope's Corners. The village of Fort Seneca was surveyed January 14, 1836. Its name was derived from Gen. Harrison's War of 1812 fort, which was located a few miles downstream (AL06824).