Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home /

2-74 Fort Seneca Plaque

225_4962.jpg 2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails3-74 Camp Ball marker2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails3-74 Camp Ball marker2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails3-74 Camp Ball marker2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails3-74 Camp Ball marker2-74 East side of Rt 53Thumbnails3-74 Camp Ball marker

⇧ Go to Home Marker Home


Marker Details

Subjects
Fort Seneca, Villages

Picture Details

Title
Fort Seneca Plaque
Caption
A plaque commemorating Fort Seneca. In the 1820s a general store and grist mill were established on this site, where the famous Scioto-Sandusky Indian trail neared the Sandusky River. The settlement was first known as McNutt's, later as Swope's Corners. The village of Fort Seneca was surveyed January 14, 1836. Its name was derived from Gen. Harrison's War of 1812 fort, which was located a few miles downstream (AL06824).