Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
805_5182.jpg 7-72 Mineral Springs at Green Springs MarkerThumbnails7-72 Sulphur Springs at Green Springs 7-72 Mineral Springs at Green Springs MarkerThumbnails7-72 Sulphur Springs at Green Springs 7-72 Mineral Springs at Green Springs MarkerThumbnails7-72 Sulphur Springs at Green Springs 7-72 Mineral Springs at Green Springs MarkerThumbnails7-72 Sulphur Springs at Green Springs

⇧ Go to 7-72 Seneca Indian Reservation at Green Springs Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Seneca Indian Reservation at Green Springs
Title, side B
Mineral Spring at Green Springs
Address
401 North Broadway
Green Springs, 44836
Location
Elmwood Healthcare Center At The Springs, 401 North Broadway
Latitude
41.2637136
Longitude
-83.0520385

Picture Details

Title
Map of Ohio
Caption
Map of Ohio drawn by Mary Munson in 1822 at the age of 13. The Ohio counties as they appeared after the creation of Union County in 1820 are shown. Although the northwestern counties of Allen, Crawford, Hancock, Hardin, Henry, Marion, Mercer, Paulding, Putnam, Sandusky, Seneca, Van Wert, Williams, and Wood were also created in 1820, they are not depicted on the map. The land in northwestern Ohio was acquired through the Treaty of Maumee Rapids, which was signed on September 29, 1817 and ratified by the United States Senate on January 4, 1819. Munson refers to the treaty in her notation "Count[r]y recently purchased of the Wyandott and other Tribes of Indians" (AL05154).