Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

1-70 Marker #1-70 First Religious Service

131_139522.jpg 1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church1-70 Another view of church marker is to the left under the treesThumbnails1-70 First United Methodist Church

Side A: First Religious Service. Oldest Religious Congregation in north-central Ohio. First Methodist Sermon preached at the "spring" in 1809 by Rev. James Copus. Services then conducted in blockhouse, 1811; in first court house, 1813; at church home of Dr. William B. James, 1814; first church building located N.W. corner Park Avenue East and Adams, 1820; present site in 1870. All land donated by General James Hedges, a distinguished member. Side B: Same. Same