Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subjects Bridges + Eaton /

1-68 Roberts Covered Bridge

7_8778.jpg 1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails

⇧ Go to Eaton Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
The Chagrin River's "High Falls"
Title, side B
Same
Address
SW corner of N. Main Street and Bell Street
Chagrin Falls, 44022
Location
Marker is hanging on the left side of the stairway to the Falls. You have to go to a small alcove to the left of the stairs to view it
Latitude
41.4310264
Longitude
-81.3919700
Subjects
Bridges, Eaton, Rivers

Picture Details

Title
Roberts Covered Bridge
Caption
This covered bridge in the oldest still (1962) standing in the state and the last of the "double-barreled" spans in Ohio. It was built across Seven Mile Creek on the Old Camden Road in 1829-30 by Orlistus Roberts and J.L. Campbell. Its three burr-arch trusses built of native oak and poplar with a clear span of 73 feet, support the double roadway (AL07524).