Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home /

1-68 Roberts Covered Bridge

7_8778.jpg 1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails2-68 Monument Dedicated to William H. Ortt1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails2-68 Monument Dedicated to William H. Ortt1-68 Otway Bridge 3 (from the iron bridge)Thumbnails2-68 Monument Dedicated to William H. Ortt

⇧ Go to Home Marker Home


Marker Details

Subjects
Bridges, Eaton, Rivers

Picture Details

Title
Roberts Covered Bridge
Caption
This covered bridge in the oldest still (1962) standing in the state and the last of the "double-barreled" spans in Ohio. It was built across Seven Mile Creek on the Old Camden Road in 1829-30 by Orlistus Roberts and J.L. Campbell. Its three burr-arch trusses built of native oak and poplar with a clear span of 73 feet, support the double roadway (AL07524).