Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

2-67 Chillicothe Turnpike marker overview

380_5173.jpg 2-67 The Chillicothe TurnpikeThumbnails2-60 Mile Marker In Park --  There is another S bridge Park at Mile mark 186 2.5 iles out of Concord2-67 The Chillicothe TurnpikeThumbnails2-60 Mile Marker In Park --  There is another S bridge Park at Mile mark 186 2.5 iles out of Concord2-67 The Chillicothe TurnpikeThumbnails2-60 Mile Marker In Park --  There is another S bridge Park at Mile mark 186 2.5 iles out of Concord

Side A: The Chillicothe Turnpike. The Chillicothe Turnpike stimulated the growth of Aurora Center, Aurora's first commercial area. Established in 1802 by Benjamin Tappan, the road also precipitated the development of Kirtland, Chester, Russell and Bainbridge, provided access to land-locked properties, and linked distant towns from Lake Erie to Ohio's first capital in Chillicothe. In Aurora, the Chillicothe Turnpike turned southwest towards Hudson and continued southward over the boundary of the Western Reserve. Side B: Same. Same