Side A: German Evangelical Church. Construction of Waverly's third church, built with locally produced brick, began in 1859 and was completed in 1860. The original deed, recorded on October 31, 1859, listed the value of the lot as $180. With the merger of the Evangelical Synod of North America with the Reformed Church in 1934, the name changed to Evangelical and Reformed Church. A merger in 1957 with the Congregational Christian Church changed the name to First United Church of Christ. In 1987 it became known as Waverly United Church of Christ, until its dissolution in 1992, when the building was given to Pike Heritage Foundation Museum. Original records and services were in German. In 1890 some English was introduced in services, and by the early 1900s was used on alternate Sundays. The church was remodeled and enlarged in 1869, but retains much of its original appearance. An annex was added to the church in 1959. Side B: Pike Heritage Foundation Museum. Pike Heritage Foundation is a county museum housing artifacts from the area's earliest settlement to the present. The foundation was incorporated on August 10, 1983, with the grand opening taking place on June 16, 1984 at the site on North Street. The Foundation moved to this location in 1992, which is located in Waverly's Old Canal District. The property was acquired through a quit claim deed in 1992, with the actual transfer of title on March 27, 2002. The building, an example of the importance of organized religion to early settlers, is one of the most valuable artifacts the museum owns and cares for. The interior remains much the same as it was when it was a house of worship, including a Hinners pipe organ installed in 1917. The organ was first powered by a congregation member operating the bellows, then by water wheel, and is now electrically powered.