Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Butler County / 11-9 The Black (Pugh's Mill) Covered Bridge /

11-9 The Black (Pugh's Mill) Covered Bridge

453_8776.jpg 11-9 Black Bridge 2ThumbnailsMarker 11-9 rear11-9 Black Bridge 2ThumbnailsMarker 11-9 rear11-9 Black Bridge 2ThumbnailsMarker 11-9 rear

⇧ Go to 11-9 The Black (Pugh's Mill) Covered Bridge Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
The Black (Pugh's Mill) Covered Bridge
Title, side B
Same
Address
5401 Corso Road
Oxford, 45056
Latitude
39.5235910
Longitude
-84.7351410
Subjects
Bridges, Mills, Oxford

Picture Details

Title
The Black (Pugh's Mill) Covered Bridge
Caption
One of the few remaining covered bridges in southwestern Ohio and the only one in Butler County on its original site, this bridge was built in 1868-1869 to give access to a saw and grist mill owned by James B. Pugh on Four Mile (Tallawanda) Creek. The wooden frame three-story mill had a 16-foot overshot water wheel to power it (AL07521).