Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subjects Courthouses + Zanesville /

7-60 The Stone Academy

254_3781.jpg 7-60 Second Capital of OhioThumbnails7-60 Second Capital of Ohio 7-60 Second Capital of OhioThumbnails7-60 Second Capital of Ohio

⇧ Go to Zanesville Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Winchester's Camp No. 2
Title, side B
Preston Island
Address
Across the road from 1016 East River Drive
Defiance, 43512
Location
At a small pullout on the S side of the road
Latitude
41.2897830
Longitude
-84.3466330

Picture Details

Title
The Stone Academy
Caption
The Stone Academy, 115 Jefferson St, Zanesville. The Stone Academy was built in 1809 by civic leaders in Putnam (then a separate village from Zanesville) and offered to the state legislature. The legislature instead accepted the offer of Zanesville to move into their new brick courthouse (AL06529).