Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subjects Courthouses + Zanesville /

7-60 Second Capital of Ohio

254_3008.jpg 7-60 Front of MarkerThumbnails7-60 The Stone Academy7-60 Front of MarkerThumbnails7-60 The Stone Academy7-60 Front of MarkerThumbnails7-60 The Stone Academy

⇧ Go to Zanesville Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Winchester's Camp No. 2
Title, side B
Preston Island
Address
Across the road from 1016 East River Drive
Defiance, 43512
Location
At a small pullout on the S side of the road
Latitude
41.2897830
Longitude
-84.3466330

Picture Details

Title
Second Capital of Ohio
Caption
This photograph documents the Ohio statehouse in Zanesville, which was moved from Chillicothe in 1810. The Zanesville building became the Muskingum County courthouse. It was replaced by a new courthouse in 1877 (Om3147_001).