Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home /

7-60 Second Capital of Ohio

254_3008.jpg 7-60 Front of MarkerThumbnails7-60 The Stone Academy7-60 Front of MarkerThumbnails7-60 The Stone Academy7-60 Front of MarkerThumbnails7-60 The Stone Academy

⇧ Go to Home Marker Home


Marker Details


Picture Details

Title
Second Capital of Ohio
Caption
This photograph documents the Ohio statehouse in Zanesville, which was moved from Chillicothe in 1810. The Zanesville building became the Muskingum County courthouse. It was replaced by a new courthouse in 1877 (Om3147_001).