- Title, side A
- Howard Chandler Christy (1872-1952)
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Howard Chandler Christy Art Guild, and The Ohio Historical Society
- E. Main Street and 11th StreetMcConnelsville, 43756
- NW corner of E. Main Street and 11th Street
- Howard Chandler Christy at Unveiling of "The Signing of the Treaty of Greene Ville"
- This photograph depicts one of the celebrations in honor of the 150th anniversary of the Treaty of Greenville, which took place in August 1945. Events included a parade, an appreciation dinner for artist Howard Chandler Christy, and exhibition of the original Treaty of Greenville, on loan from the National Archives. The state of Ohio commissioned Christy (1873-1952), a nationally-known illustrator, to create the work for the 150th anniversary of the treaty that ended the Indian Wars in Ohio. The painting "The Signing of the Treaty of Greene Ville" was unveiled in a ceremony on August 3. Christy (in the white suit) can be seen sitting on the left, with Governor Frank Lausche seated next to him (Om3220_001a).