Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Montgomery County / 3-57 The Birth of Aviation /

3-57 Wright Brothers Cycle Shop

760_5365.jpg 3-57 Wright Bros. MonumentThumbnails3-57 Wright Bros. MonumentThumbnails3-57 Wright Bros. MonumentThumbnails

⇧ Go to 3-57 The Birth of Aviation Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
The Birth of Aviation
Title, side B
Same
Address
110 E. Monument Avenue
Dayton, 45402
Location
Engineers Club of Dayton
Latitude
39.7640050
Longitude
-84.1905930
Subjects
Aeronautics, Dayton

Picture Details

Title
Wright Brothers Cycle Shop
Caption
The Wright Brothers Cycle Shop in Dayton, Ohio. In 1892, the Wright Brothers bought bicycles. They began repairing bicycles for friends, then started their own repair business. They opened up a bicycle shop in 1893, and three years later, made their own bicycles called Van Cleves and St. Clairs (AL06857).