- Title, side A
- Ripley and The Ohio River
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, Tall Stacks, Inc., Ripley Heritage, Inc., and The Ohio Historical Society
- Near 18 N. Front St.Ripley, 45167
- On the river side of N. Front Street
- Ohio River from Rankin Hill
- This view of the Ohio River is from Rankin Hill in Ripley, Brown County, Ohio. Fugitive slaves crossed the river from the southern states and John Rankin (1793-1886) was one of the Underground Railroad agents that helped hide them. The image was collected by Ohio State University professor Wilbur H. Siebert (1866-1961). Siebert began researching the Underground Railroad in the 1890s as a way to interest his students in history (AL03106).