Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery

103448_108113.jpg 14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery14-55 Forest Hill CemeteryThumbnails14-55 Forest Hill Cemetery

Side A: Forest Hill Union Cemetery. On March 20, 1868, The Ohio General Assembly passed a revision to the Ohio Revised Code allowing for a municipality and a township to join together in purchasing land for a shared cemetery. On April 24, 1868, the Washington Township Trustees passed a resolution creating Forest Hill Union Cemetery. This cemetery was to be shared with the City of Piqua and became the first mutual cemetery between a municipality and a township in Ohio. Side B: Same. Same