Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

7-52 Steve Hambley

106363_145657.jpg ThumbnailsThumbnailsThumbnailsThumbnailsThumbnailsThumbnailsThumbnails

Side A: Weymouth School. Built with the funds and labor of residents of Weymouth, this structure was home to the Weymouth School from 1925 to 1956. It was designed in the Colonial Revival style by Cleveland architect Paul T. Cahill (1888-1954). Two classrooms accommodated students from grades one through eight and an auditorium served both the children and the community. In 1953, a school for disabled children was established in St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Medina by their friends and families. It moved into the vacant Weymouth School building in 1956. In 1960, Medina County citizens passed a levy to operate it as the first county-supported school for disabled students in the state. Later known as the Achievement Center, it continued at this site until 1992. Side B: Same. Same