- Title, side A
- Old Mahoning County Courthouse
- Title, side B
- Canfield Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- 7 Court StreetCanfield, 44406
- Mahoning County Courthouse, Canfield
- The Mahoning County Courthouse was completed in 1848 with a wing added on in 1862. For more than four decades, the old courthouse housed both private and public schools until a 1923 public auction by the Canfield Village Board of Education dispensed with the building. Now under private ownership, the former courthouse served many commercial enterprises, including the temporary return of a County District Court. An exterior restoration in the 1960s and the reconstruction of the missing bell tower returned the aging beauty to its present status as one of Ohio's finest examples of public architecture (AL06629).