Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Lucas County / 17-48 The Glass Capital /

17-48 Edward D. Libbey

219_10908.jpg 17-48 Glass CapitalThumbnails17-48 The Marker is for this building which used to be the headquarters for Libbey-Owens-Ford which is now part of Pilkington.17-48 Glass CapitalThumbnails17-48 The Marker is for this building which used to be the headquarters for Libbey-Owens-Ford which is now part of Pilkington.17-48 Glass CapitalThumbnails17-48 The Marker is for this building which used to be the headquarters for Libbey-Owens-Ford which is now part of Pilkington.17-48 Glass CapitalThumbnails17-48 The Marker is for this building which used to be the headquarters for Libbey-Owens-Ford which is now part of Pilkington.17-48 Glass CapitalThumbnails17-48 The Marker is for this building which used to be the headquarters for Libbey-Owens-Ford which is now part of Pilkington.

⇧ Go to 17-48 The Glass Capital Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
The Glass Capital
Title, side B
Same
Address
NE of 200 N St. Clair Street
Toledo, 43604
Location
SE corner of N St. Clair St and Madison Ave, N of the fountain in Levis Square Park
Latitude
41.6509500
Longitude
-83.5347860

Picture Details

Title
Edward D. Libbey
Caption
Edward Drummond Libbey relocated his glass operation from Massachusetts to Toledo in 1888. His company was renown as a producer of fine art glass. Under the leadership of Edward Drummond Libbey, the Toledo Museum of Art was founded in 1901 (AL07685).