Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

14-46 Cabin in park

106276_143616.jpg 14-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-192314-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-192314-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-192314-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-192314-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-192314-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-192314-46 MarkerThumbnails2-46 Earl S. Sloan 1848-1923

Side A: Ebenezer Zane Cabin. The house of Ebenezer Zane was built here in 1805. The structure was the meeting place for the First Methodist Quarterly Conference in 1819 where over 300 settlers in the area and about sixty members of the Wyandot tribe came together. Although the cabin was reconstructed in 1997, it is a symbol of harmonious relations between American settlers and the Wyandot in the years before the latter's removal from Ohio in 1842. Side B: Same. The house of Ebenezer Zane was built here in 1805. The structure was the meeting place for the First Methodist Quarterly Conference in 1819 where over 300 settlers in the area and about sixty members of the Wyandot tribe came together. Although the cabin was reconstructed in 1997, it is a symbol of harmonious relations between American settlers and the Wyandot in the years before the latter's removal from Ohio in 1842.