- Title, side A
- Scioto Marsh
- Title, side B
- The Country Connection Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- OH 195McGuffey, 45859
- Just S of intersection of OH 195 and County Road 110
- Vesuvius Iron Furnace Photograph
- This photograph of the Vesuvius Iron Furnace near Ironton, Ohio was taken around 1965. Named after the Mt. Vesuvius volcano in Italy, the furnace was built in 1833 to supply iron to steel manufacturers in northern Ohio, Pennsylvania, and other parts of the nation. It produced 3,000 tons of pig iron, made from iron ore and limestone, per year. The supply of iron ore diminished by the end of the nineteenth century and the furnace was abandoned. The furnace was one 46 charcoal iron furnaces located in the Hanging Rock Iron Region of southern Ohio. Vesuvius Iron Furnace is located north of Ironton, Ohio in the Wayne National Forest. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The slide measures 2.75" x 2.75" (6.99 x 6.99 cm) (Om3025_003).