- Title, side A
- Hugh Mosher and the "Spirit of '76"
- Title, side B
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Perry Historical Society, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 3885 Main StreetPerry, 44081
- The marker is located on the north side of main street. and in front of the building to the east of
- Hugh Mosher
- Hugh Mosher served as the model for the fife player in the painting "The Spirit of '76" by Archibald M. Willard, 1876. Willard was from Bedford, Ohio and a version "The Spirit of '76" is part of the Ohio Historical Society fine art collection. Willard created his first version of the painting for the Centennial Exposition held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1876. He then created several copies (AL03263).