- Title, side A
- Old Man's Cave - A Feature of Ohio's Geology
- Title, side B
- The Ohio Bicentennial Commission, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, The International Paper Company Foundation, and The Ohio Historical Society
- Hocking Hills State Park, 20160 State Route 664Logan, 43138
- Located SW of Visitor Center at stairs leading to Old Man's Cave
- Old Man's Cave in Winter
- Old Man's Cave was named for Richard Rowe, a hermit who moved to the Ohio Valley in 1796 and lived in the cave. Early settlers named the site Cedar Falls, mistaking the hemlock trees that surround the falls for cedars. In 1924, the state of Ohio purchased 146 acres in the Hocking Hills that became Hocking Hills State Park in 1949. In 1972, the park added a dining lodge and cabins. Hocking Hills State Park is known for its geologic features of blackhand sandstone, including Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls, and Rock House (Om3087_005).