Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subjects Neighborhoods + Haydenville /

4-37 Haydenville, Ohio

449_3126.jpg 4-37 Marker, Side B, now located at the Haydenville ParkThumbnails4-37 Marker, Side B, now located at the Haydenville ParkThumbnails4-37 Marker, Side B, now located at the Haydenville ParkThumbnails

⇧ Go to Haydenville Marker Home


Marker Details


Picture Details

Title
Haydenville, Ohio
Caption
View of children playing in the backyards of Ohio's last company owned town, Haydenville, ca. 1930-1939. Haydenville was owned by the Haydenville Mining and Manufacturing Company. All town residents were employed by the company. In the early twentieth century the company was purchased by the National Fireproofing Company and in the 1960s residents were given the option to purchase their homes (AL01042).