Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
449_3126.jpg 4-37 Marker, Side B, now located at the Haydenville ParkThumbnails4-37 Marker, Side B, now located at the Haydenville ParkThumbnails4-37 Marker, Side B, now located at the Haydenville ParkThumbnails

⇧ Go to 4-37 Historic Haydenville / Haydenville Historic District Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Historic Haydenville
Title, side B
Haydenville Historic District
Address
Haydenville Road/Twp Road 25
Haydenville, 43127
Location
Located at the entrance to Haydenville Park in town
Latitude
39.4794730
Longitude
-82.3266750

Picture Details

Title
Haydenville, Ohio
Caption
View of children playing in the backyards of Ohio's last company owned town, Haydenville, ca. 1930-1939. Haydenville was owned by the Haydenville Mining and Manufacturing Company. All town residents were employed by the company. In the early twentieth century the company was purchased by the National Fireproofing Company and in the 1960s residents were given the option to purchase their homes (AL01042).