Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

5-33 Marker

237_113966.jpg Thumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. DepotThumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. DepotThumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. DepotThumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. DepotThumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. DepotThumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. DepotThumbnails5-33 Katy and the Kenton M.R.& L.E. R.R. Depot

Side A: Mad River Railroad. In 1832 a charter was granted by the state of Ohio for construction of a railroad between Sandusky City and Dayton. The right-of-way privileges included Hardin County. The first train, of the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad, arrived in Kenton from Sandusky on July 14, 1846. The railroad was completed to Dayton in 1851. The depot on this site was erected in 1882. Side B: Same. Same