Side A: McDannald Pioneer Homestead. This brick home was built in 1856 by John McDannald, son of Samuel and Bell (Craig) McDannald who came from Virginia in 1813. The McDannalds were prominent in the development of Blendon Township, The Central College of Ohio, and The Central College Presbyterian Church. This house served as one station on the Ohio Underground Railroad. Side B: Same. Same NOTE: The pioneer homestead was torn down in 1994. The marker is still standing although the surrounding land is being developed.