Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church

92_5623.jpg 6-25 Marker and surroundingsThumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsThumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsThumbnails6-25 Marker and surroundingsThumbnails

Side A: First Blendon Presbyterian Church. On this site in 1829 the Presbyterians of Blendon Township built their first church. The land was donated by Timothy Lee for "church and burial" purposes. The Reverend Ebenezer Washburn, buried here, was the first minister. The church was destroyed one week after its dedication by an apparent act of arson. Side B: Same. Same