Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

6-25 Marker and surroundings

92_139027.jpg 6-25 MarkerThumbnails6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church 6-25 MarkerThumbnails6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church 6-25 MarkerThumbnails6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church 6-25 MarkerThumbnails6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church 6-25 MarkerThumbnails6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church 6-25 MarkerThumbnails6-25 First Blendon Presbyterian Church

Side A: First Blendon Presbyterian Church. On this site in 1829 the Presbyterians of Blendon Township built their first church. The land was donated by Timothy Lee for "church and burial" purposes. The Reverend Ebenezer Washburn, buried here, was the first minister. The church was destroyed one week after its dedication by an apparent act of arson. Side B: Same. Same